LOCATION: ROSWELL, NM
Relocation is not offered.
Gender Preference: FEMALE
Gender Preference in Hiring: BOS Security and the Transportation Security Administration may apply a gender-specific (male or female) hiring preference to fill TSO positions in order to meet security mission and same gender pat-down job-related requirements. At airport locations where it is necessary to apply the hiring preference, candidates of the needed gender will be provided preference in the scheduling of the computer based aptitude test, airport assessments, processing and selection.
Provides a variety of duties related to providing security and protection of air travelers, airports and aircraft. Will perform both passenger screening and baggage screening in a courteous and professional manner. Hours for this position vary, must be available to work weekends and holidays. Continuously improve security screening processes and personal performance through training and development.
Must be willing to:
- Repeatedly lift and carry up to 70 pounds;
- Continuously stand between one (1) to four (4) hours without a break to carry out screening functions;
- Walk up to two (2) miles during a shift;
- Communicate with the public, giving directions and responding to inquiries in a professional and courteous manner;
- Maintain focus and awareness and work within a stressful environment which includes noise from alarms, machinery, and people, distractions, time pressure, disruptive and angry passengers, and the requirement to identify and locate potentially life threatening devices and devices intended on creating massive destruction; and,
- Make effective decisions in both crisis and routine situations.
BOS Security is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Perform security screening of:
- Persons – Screening of persons which includes tasks such as: pat-down searches, and monitoring walk-through metal detector screening equipment.
- Property – Screening property of persons including the operation of x-ray machines to identify dangerous objects in baggage, cargo and on passengers; and preventing those objects from being transported onto aircraft.
- Control Entry and Exit Points- Insure no person or persons property enters a control point without properly being screened first.
- Applicants must be proficient in English (e.g., reading, writing, speaking, and listening); and
- Be a United States citizen
- Have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
To be considered for initial employment, you must also pass a extensive pre-employment testing to include a computerized test, drug and medical screening, a background investigation to include a criminal check /fingerprinting and a credit check.
This is a non-critical sensitive National Security position that requires you to be fingerprinted, photographed, and complete appropriate security paperwork, including a SF-86 Questionnaire for National Security Positions. The pre-employment background investigation must be COMPLETED with favorable results prior to a final offer of employment.
If your credit check reveals any of the following, YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS POSITION:
- Defaulted on $7,500 or more in debt (excluding certain circumstances of bankruptcy).
- Owe any delinquent Federal or State taxes.
- Owe any past due child support payments.
Applicants must also possess the following job-related knowledge, skills, and abilities (selective factors):
PHYSICAL ABILITY: This position requires employees to be willing and able to: repeatedly lift and carry baggage weighing up to 70 pounds; bend, reach, stoop, squat, stand, and walk; continuously stand between one and four hours without a break to carry out screening functions; and walk up to two miles during a shift.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: TSOs are required to communicate with the public, giving directions and responding to inquiries in a professional and courteous manner. Applicants must possess customer service skills, be dependable and operate with integrity.
FOCUS & MENTAL ABILITY: TSOs must be able to maintain focus and awareness and work within a stressful environment. The position requires employees to make effective decisions in both crisis and routine situations. Necessary skills include visual observation and x-ray interpretation. The work environment includes noise from alarms, machinery, and people, distractions, time pressure, disruptive and angry passengers, and the requirement to identify and locate potentially life threatening devices and devices intended on creating massive destruction.
MEDICAL STANDARDS: All TSOs must meet job-related medical standards that will be assessed in a pre-employment medical evaluation that considers relevant aspects of all body systems (e.g., cardiovascular, respiratory, musculoskeletal, auditory, etc.). These medical standards include but are not limited to:
Visual ability including two functioning eyes with: a) distance vision correctable to 20/30 or better in the best eye and 20/100 or better in the worse eye, b) near vision correctable to 20/40 or better binocular, and c) color perception (e.g., red, green, blue, yellow, orange, purple, brown, black, white, gray). Color filters (e.g., contact lenses) for enhancing color discrimination are prohibited;
Hearing ability (corrected or uncorrected) as measured by audiometry cannot exceed: a) an average hearing loss of 25 decibels (ANSI) at 500, 1000, 2000 and 3000Hz in each ear, and b) single reading of 45 decibels at 4000 and 6000 Hz in each ear;
Adequate joint mobility, dexterity and range of motion, strength, and stability to repeatedly lift and carry up to 70 pounds; and
Blood pressure not to exceed 140 / 90.
These requirements comply with the Aviation and Transportation Security Act (ATSA Public Law 107-71 and are required for safe and effective job performance.
NOTICE FOR MALES BORN AFTER DECEMBER 31, 1959
SELECTIVE SERVICE – the TSA requires verification of Selective Service registration for male applicants born after 12/31/59. Generally, male applicants who knowingly fail to register will be ineligible for employment as a Transportation Security Officer. If you are a male born after 12/31/59 you will be required to provide your Social Security Number and your date of birth in your profile.
For information on registering with the Selective Service, visit the Selective Service System Web site at http://www.sss.gov/ or contact them by telephone at (847) 688-6888.